Find quick facts about the 50th annual Half Moon Bay Art & Pumpkin Festival below:
What is the Half Moon Bay Art & Pumpkin Festival?
"Celebrate the Great & Almighty Gourd" at this year’s 50th Annual Half Moon Bay Art & Pumpkin Festival, October 15-16 from 9am to 5pm along Main Street! Festival admission is free.
Join in the fabulously festive fun as the World Pumpkin Capital of Half Moon Bay will be bursting out in orange to celebrate its bountiful fall harvest and autumn splendor – our top shelf festival lineup features:
- A special display and photos with the Rhinoceros-sized weigh-off grand champion mega-gourd to benefit the Cabrillo Education Foundation
- Smashing non-stop entertainment with stellar live music on stage and street
- Boo-tiful harvest-inspired fine art and crafts from local Made on the Coast artists and a world-class and diverse lineup of 275 professional artists and fine craftmakers
- Fabulous homestyle foods served by local community service organizations
- Delectable delicious drinks including premium wines from Half Moon Bay Winery, seasonal craft beer, pumpkin-infused ales, artisanal cocktails and Pathwater – 100% responsibly and locally sourced in a reusable aluminum bottle
- Expert pumpkin carver Farmer Mike sculpting monster pumpkins into amazing one-of-a-kind masterpieces
- Costume contest (10am at the HMB Library, Correas and Purissima) and pie eatings contests (2pm on the IDES Grounds)
- Pumpkin carving for fun (10am on the IDES Grounds)
- Stock up on the latest and greatest official festival gear and coveted curios with our cool logo
- Pancake breakfast in the City Hall parking lot, Main and Kelly, presented by the HMB High School boys basketball team
- Plus there's wet and wild waterballerz, Cornhole Corner game area, selfies and fun with the delightfully rotund, playful and mischievious Pumpkin Festival mascot “Gourdy”
- The Great Pumpkin Run – in-person Kids 1-Mile Fun Run, 5k, 10k and Half Marathon presented by Senior Coastsiders (with different start times beginning at 7am at Hatch Elementary School, 490 Miramontes Ave., Half Moon Bay).
- Stop by the Safeway tent for reusable grocery bags, coupons and goodies and grab a selfie with their vintage Farmers Market truck
- Sweet sponsor swag giveaways
When is the festival?
The free-admission festival will be held on October 15-16, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m..
Where is the festival?
The festival is held on historic Main Street between Mill and Spruce Streets in Half Moon Bay. Get directions.
Are pets allowed?
NO PETS, PLEASE. Pets are not allowed at the festival. The City of Half Moon Bay and San Mateo County Sheriffs Department will be enforcing the ordinance prohibiting pets on the festival grounds. For the safety, comfort, and courtesy of your pets and festival-goers, please leave your pets at home. Large crowds, warm weather, food preparation and consumption make it a very stressful and dangerous environment for pets.
Can I take public transit?
Yes, ride SamTrans bus service to the festival – you’re dropped off just steps away! Get public transit details.
Where can I find car or bicycle parking?
There will be vehicle parking at the south end of Main Street at Metzgar, Half Moon Bay High School (Main St. just north of Hwy. 92), Our Lady of the Pillar Church and the Community Center/Shoreline Station complex, both located on Kelly Avenue just east of Highway 1. Many parking lots are operated by local non-profit groups who charge a nominal parking fee. There is also very limited free parking on several side streets. Download the Pumpkin Festival mobile app for help in finding parking.
There will be specially marked accessible parking on Purissima Street between Correas Street and Kelly Avenue.